Youth Ministry Concentration
BS Christian Leadership | 120 Credits
Youth ministry is both an ancient and modern phenomenon, where strong Biblical patterns regularly collide with changing cultural and ministry models. Current studies show shocking attrition in post-graduation church attendance and measurable decreases in key spiritual indicators in young people.
Yet the youth ministry “industry” that includes local churches, growing para-church organizations, residential Christian camps, spiritually-oriented adventure programs, and missions trip agencies, continues to press into the challenge of reaching youth for the Kingdom. The platforms for engaging youth are diverse and plentiful. This program will prepare students to strategically minister to young people where they are.
- Establish a Biblical foundational philosophy for ministering to youth and develop basic skills and competencies for effective youth ministry.
- Understand modern youth culture and its impact on adolescents and their worldviews.
- Establish a comprehensive strategy for effective communication in youth ministry.
- Effectively train teens to influence their world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Youth Ministry Courses
From philosophy to strategy and hard skills, our youth ministry courses are designed to build immediate relative competency.
- YMN301 Youth Ministry Philosophy
- YMN315 Adolescents & Youth Culture
- YMN321 Communication in Youth Ministry
YMN407 Youth Ministry Evangelism